Monday 2 June 2014

Summer Monkey - 2hr 18-39 Win

Yesterday the 1st of June we were greeted by sun and warm conditions for Gorricks Summer Monkey!. I opted to ride the 2hr cat as im my opinion its to mid race season to be slogging round for 4 or 6 hrs.

Soooooo thats what winning feels like again!, rode the Gorrick Summer Monkey today at a dusty Caesars camp. Felt pretty good getting away from the gun with the Merida boys with Paul Hopkins on my wheel for the first half a lap but then dropped of a little leaving me out front. I rode a solid race with a few minor problems but was alot of fun out there today with a tough climb. I completed the 4 laps in just under 2 hrs and 6minutes, taking the win ahead of Paul in the vets by 5 minutes and Warren in my race by 7minutes. Long day all in as I decided to get the train out and ride back, only just got in today after 60miles in my legs of which 30 racing.

Looking forward to road racing this Wednesday at Eelmore then the Southern XC QECP Mountain Bike Trail Building a week today.

Big thanks to John Newport of Mountain Trax - Vauxhall Motors Cycling Teamfor feeding and getting some awesome pictures which I hope will be online soon .


Also a thanks to Strada Handbuilt wheels for my carbon 29er wheels, couldn't do the job without them.

Here is the link to the results - http://timelaps.co.uk/assets/uploads/EVENTREPORT.aspx?eventid=288CeasersCamp01/06/2014#2Hr Male


Below is my Strava Data from yesterday - http://www.strava.com/activities/148242206#kudos

Also here  is a cheeky pik from John Newport @ Vermont Images



No comments:

Post a Comment