Wednesday 6 September 2017

Torq 12:12 Team Win & Surrey League Podium

Torq 12:12 2017 was held at the usual Minley manor in Hampshire, a flat but loamy bumpy and twisty course layed ahead for a flat out 12 hours of racing. I raced the Male team of 4 Category as a few of the boys wanted to put a fun but fast team of mates together for the weekend. Saturday Pub lunch was in order to catch up with the boys followed by a practice lap on the 7.5 mile course. The course was longer time wise than previous years due to more new loamy "spongy" sections. Nether the less it was a good course. I did the gentlemenly thing and let Oli have the first lap elbows out tear up after myself doing the first lap at Big Dog a few weeks previous. Oli had a bit of an off but still came in real good time, leading our category. I headed out for my first lap putting in the fastest lap of the day on the longer lap as there was a wasps nest found on the back of the course which was cut off for obvious reasons, this section saved around 20seconds per lap. The boys put in a real good show with everyone leaving all they had out on the course 😅. We grew our lead over 2nd place lap by lap and eventually won by nearly a full lap at over 35minutes. Solid effort by all the team, more of the same next year please :).


A massive thanks to all my Sponsors for the continued support, Strada Handbuilt Wheels, Continental tyres and Aivee hubs :)



I also started a new job at Sigma sport in Esher the following week which has been really interesting and enjoyable. Mon-Fri with bikes bikes and more bikes involved what more could I want :).

Last Sunday I raced an open road Surrey League race which was a 2/3rd cat race. The race was really enjoyable and attacking and many moves went but none stuck in the end. So it came down to a bunch sprint to the top of a climb after 44miles of racing, although the race was advertised as  60miles. It was a tough finish dragging up a hill that kicked in 2 stages, especially on tired legs after trying to get away several times during the race and several times on the final lap. I was following Michael Guildford up the climb to the finish but he peeled off to early leaving me with to far to the finish and I got pipped by 2 other riders. Pedal heavens Warren Jesse got the win with a Basso rider taking 2nd and myself 3rd. There is a similar race on this coming weekend at Milland which I will be attending and hopefully have my thinking cap on this race. Last weekend was great training and a good tear up but just got my tactics slightly wrong. Onto this weekends race.

A massive thanks to Strada once again but this time for some mega stiff 32mm carbon clincher wheels to race on, paired with some fresh 25mm Continental Gp 4000s to keep me runner side up. Peace out peeps ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment