Sunday 17 August 2014

Brighton Big Dog 2014 - Retained both Titles! :)

Thanks heavens there was a race this weekend otherwise I think I have pulled the rest of my hair out!. After having a small break after National champs I decided to race the Brighton Big Dog team of 3 mixed again as I enjoyed last years event a huge amount. Although there was a national on the day after I thought I would enjoy the rest of the season with some longer rides which I was avoiding mid season for obvious reasons. 

The atmosphere last year was electric and was a few volts higher this year. I had 2 titles to retain, 1 being the highly contested Hot Lap! & the Team of 3 Mixed title. There was only 1 change to the team this year with Roki Read filling in for Chris Dobson. I knew who to put the blame on then If we didn't win ;). Me, Jo & Roki Decided I should go first followed by Roki followed by Jo, this worked well and halfway through the 6hr race I overtook the leading Solo (Team manager - Ben Thomas). The first lap was a real mess with 50% of the whole race going wrong as me and Ben took a wrong turn as there was some tape down and looked like a left turn infact we should have carried straight on. The first lap was also very slippy and greasy but soon dried out for me to set the fastest lap of the day on my 2nd lap. The time of 25:35 was enough to take that title by just over a minute. We all continued to ride hard growing our gap to over a lap without us knowing, me and Roki had to take over towards the end as Jo wouldnt have been able to squeeze in the last lap with only 30mins to go, so I took the last lap salute!.

What an awesome event with really nice flowing trails, I need to start driving and ride venues like this more often. 

Here are the results - http://timelaps.co.uk/assets/uploads/EVENTREPORT.aspx?eventid=300StanmerPark16/08/2014#Team Mixed

We would have also won the male team of 3!. Top Work Guys

Below are a few Snaps from Vermont Images




Huge thanks to all my Sponsors & to a hard working Roki Read & Jo Munden



Next race for myself now is the Gorrick Torq 12:12 on the 24th of August - See you there

No comments:

Post a Comment