Sunday 23 June 2013

National Points Series R3 - Win

If I had left this blog any later I would have forgot what happened during the race. Saturday the 1st of June Myself, Michael Guildford and Teamate Steve Jones made the Journey down to our accommodation which was around 30mins from the Race venue Hopton woods. Saturday evening was eventful with my front wheel sealing but waking up overnight to a flat tyre. I knew the reason why though because I hadnt used the Stans rim tape, so I replaced the rim tape and the tyre was fine. We got to the race Sunday morning around 8.45am which gave us 30 minutes until the course closed. I went to Race regisration and picked up my number 1st which made getting out on the course for the 1st practice very tight. I was allowed through the start area out onto the course but at the 1st split in the course I was told I had to return to the start as there were races starting shortly. This was rather annoying as now I wouldnt have time to see the whole course as the 2nd practice was after 11am which would be too tight to get a whole lap in before the start of my race. After the 11am practice I got chance to see most of the course and it was definately going to be a tough course with some long climbs and nice descents.

The Expert race kicked off at 12noon with myself being gridded 10th which was a decent position on the 2nd row. The race started fast with Lee Gratton setting the initial pace with a few of us up front over the top of the 1st climb. During lap two it became more of a 3 horse race between me, Lee Gratton & Dexter Hurlock. I was really struggling to find the good legs I knew I had and eventually found them on lap 3. I rode pretty hard on the front on lap 3 and got a good gap back to Lee and Dexter which I didnt let slip throughout the race. Coming into the arena after lap 4 I had a considerable gap back to Lee & Dexter and couldnt see them so  I planned my celebration which ended up being a wheelie once again.

What a tough race on a tough old course, Round 4 at Margam Park should be a good race again. Next Race for me now is the 3rd round of the Southern Xc Series at Wasing Park on the 3th of June.

Results from hopton Avaliable here - http://timelaps.co.uk/assets/uploads/EVENTREPORT.aspx?eventid=245HoptonWoods02/06/2013#Expert Male

No Joolze Dymond - Pictures on the British Cyclings XC Facebook page

A Big Thanks to all my sponsors for the Support and Tools to do the Job :)

http://www.awcycles.co.uk/

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment